Open to the Public
Thur - Sat
Closed Holiday Weeks
308 S 10th Street (Big Red Barn)
A collection of articles, books, photographs and resource material that explore the history of Cottage Grove and surrounding areas. The resource library is organized and managed by the Cottage Grove Historical Society and operates completely on volunteer time.
Our library is named in honor of Marcia Allen, one of our founding members. In addition to starting the library, Marcia worked tirelessly for many years to make the library the gem it is today. Her dedication to our organization and the preservation of history is an inspiration to the many people who have worked with Marcia. Some of her accomplishemnents over the years include:
- 1985 - Joined Historical Society, would later become President presiding for 7 years.
- 1994 - Driving fource behind Main Streets designation on the National Register of Historical Districts
- 2001 - Outstanding Community Service Award by Kiwanis, Lions and Rotary
- 2007 - Cottage Groves First Citizen Award
- 2009 - Lane County Coalition of Senior Programs Award
- 2011 - Oregon Heritage Excellence Award by State Historic Preservation Office
- 2015 - Cottage Grove Historical Society renamed research library Marcia E. Allen Historical Research Library
- 2016 - Lifetime achievement, Cottage Grove Historian Extraordinaire, Award by Lane County Historical Society