The Cottage Grove Historical Society is a non-profit organization that exists on donations, membership dues, book sales and grants.
Membership dues supports our many activities and the operation of our research library. Our organization is ran by 100% volunteers meaning all dues go direclty toward operations, preservation efforts and educational endevours.
Annual Membership Costs: Individual $20, Family $30, Lifetime $300
Membership Benefits: Quarterly Newsletters mailed directly to you, 10% off items in our giftshop including books, advanced notice of events and activities held by the organization.
If the idea of joining an organization that preserves, shares and celebrates our local community information on the history of your town appeals to you, then now is the time to join or renew your membership.To become a member, print and fill out a membership registration form. Then drop it off at our research library or mail it with a check for your dues to PO Box 142, Cottage Grove OR 97424
- Digitization of Archives for Preservation and Accessability
- Production of Presentation Video's
- Continued Research and Preservation of Historical Documents, including improving storage and access
- Research and Design Exhibit for display in Public Library
- Partnership with Local Historical Groups to complete the Newspaper Digitization Project
- Participation in Bohemia Mining Days Time Traveling Train
- Bohemia Mining Days Mini Exhibit
- Monthly Presentations on Local Historic Topics, open and free to the public
Past Accomplishments Include:
- Animal House Community Celebration, 2018
- McFarland Cemetery Informational Kiosk
- Establishment of the Downtown Historic District, 1994
- Applegate Trail Celebration, including support toward creation of the interpretive center on Main and River Road, 1996
- McFarland Cemetery Restoration, ongoing
- Morelock Film Restoration Project, including 2 completed films produced and available for purchase
- Annual Buster Keation Celebration
- Establishment and Continued Opertion of Historical Research Library
- Continued Production of the Gold Was The Past books
- Production of 4 Local History Books, published and available for purchase